Sunday, February 24, 2008

>>
>> There was a man who had worked all his life, had saved all of
>> his
>> money, and was a real miser when it came to his money.
>>
>>
>> Just before he died, he said to his wife...'
>>
>>
>>
>> When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket
>> with me.
>>
>>
>>
>> I want to take my money to the afterlife with me.'
>>
>>
>> And so he got his wife to promise him, with all of her heart, that
>> when he
>> died, she would put all of the money into the casket with him.
>>
>>
>> Well, he died.
>>
>>
>>
>> He was stretched out in the casket, his wife was sitting there -
>> dressed in
>> black, and her friend was sitting next to her.
>>
>>
>> When they finished the ceremony, and just before the undertakers got
>> ready
>> to close the casket, the wife said,'Wait just a moment!'
>>
>>
>>
>> She had a small metal box with her; she came over with the box and
>> put
>> it in
>> the casket.
>>
>>
>> Then the undertakers locked the casket down and they rolled it away.
>>
>>
>> Her friend said,'I know you were not foolish enough to put all that
>> money in
>> there with your husband.'
>>
>>
>>
>> The loyal wife replied, 'Listen, I'm a Christian; I cannot go back
>> on
>> my word.
>>
>>
>>
>> I promised him that I was going to put that money into the casket
>> with
>> him.'
>>
>>
>> 'You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with
>> him!?!?!?'
>>
>>
>> 'I sure did,' said the wife. 'I got it all together, put it into my
>> account, and
>> wrote him a cheque.... If he can cash it, then he can spend it.'
>>
>> Send this to every clever female you know, and to every man who
>> thinks
>> they are smarter than women!!!
>> =============
>>
>
>

No comments: